- Compact, high-definition IP set-top box with flexible features and low noise
- Optional, user-installed 320/500/1000 GB DVR module enables DVR and time-shift with trick play and scheduled recordings
- Optional, user-installed 4 or 8 GB time-shift module with solid state drive (SSD) technology
- Optional display and touch controls
- Environmental-friendly with low power consumption
The VIP2853 is a cost-effective IP set-top box that offers a flexible way of bringing high-quality IPTV services, such as high-definition broadcast TV, on-demand services, interactive applications, and DVR/time-shift, as well as over the top (OTT) services, to the home. The optional DVR Module gives you the flexibility to support DVR and non-DVR customers with the same set-top box. For non-DVR customers, you can up-sell a full DVR without needing to replace the set-top box. . All the user has to do is simply insert the DVR module. Because of its small size and minimal weight, the VIP2853 has a minimal impact on the environment. It also consumes very little power. Its optional DVR module utilizes a 2.5” low noise hard drive. VIP2853 is powered by the Motorola KreaTV operating system, which integrates with current VOD, middleware, and Conditional Access (CA) systems.